The English Department endeavour to enhance learners’ experience by providing a language-rich environment through:
- providing greater opportunities for learners to use English for purposeful communication both inside and outside the classroom;
- making use of learner-centred instruction to encourage learner independence;
- making greater use of literary or imaginative texts to develop critical thinking and encourage free expression and creativity; and
- promoting language development strategies, values and attitudes that are conducive to effective, independent and lifelong learning.
- developing learners’ English proficiency and providing them with opportunities for personal and intellectual development